Friday, August 24, 2007

Ball Pythons

Ball pythons are by far my favorite snake. They're very docile and reach a decent length- not too big or too small. But the one thing I absolutely HATE about ball pythons is their known reputation for being finicky eaters. Feeding Habits of Ball Pythons will give you some guidelines when it comes to feeding ball pythons. Some tidbits and experiences of my own and stories of experiences of others. Hopefully, by reading the article you will figure out why your snake isn't eating and what you can do for him.


Feeding Frozen is another good article about the frozen feeder rodents versus live feeder rodents. Now, I will go ahead and say that I feed live. Not by choice, but because my ball python won't eat frozen. Now, his last feeding, he grabbed and fully took a thawed mouse before I gave him a live small rat. That, to me, means he's ready to comply. I'm choosing to wait 3-4 weeks before feeding him again, so that he's good and hungry. Then I'll be attempting a thawed small rat.

No comments:

Google